Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stretchiiiiiing....Ouch!

Oh gracious, where to begin? Ok, breakdown of important events in the last three months:

My final quarter of massage school, complete with internship. As of last weekend, I am considered a college graduate with an Associate Degree of Applied Science in Therapeutic and Clinical Massage Therapy. I should be getting a diploma in the mail here soon, all official-like. My walking ceremony won't be until sometime this fall, but that is ok. I did it!

I broke up with my sweet boyfriend of more than a year two months ago. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I knew (and still do) that is was the right thing to do, but somehow that knowledge pales at times when it goes up against the fact that I broke my best friend's heart. We had discussed it previously; we both knew that it was time to move on. But we also had a marvolous friendship and romantic relationship, and it hurt to be the one who changed that. He is a fantastic person, and I learned so much from being with him.

I having started studying for the NCTMB certification test, and also looking for a job. So far this whole "being a responsible adult" thing is not as cool as we are led to believe. I am also getting more into gear to go on my mission. After my break-up, I got a fair amount of flak for not staying home and getting married when I had a wonderful man who wanted to marry me. My response to that is this: I want to serve God, and this is the way I have chosen to do so.

As I have re-entered the world of single-ness, I am reminded of how crazy it is. Last night, I heard from both of my ex-boyfriends and the guy I have a crush on, all within 10 minutes. And that does not even touch on the other guy I haven't decided if I want to flirt with or not, the 2-5 I think might be mildly interested in me, and all the other crazy stuff happening! All of this means that I am having mental/emotional/spiritual growth spurts to the point that I am saying OUCH! Life is still crazy, but it is never boring.

1 comment:

  1. Believe me when I say that pretty much everything about being a "grownup"(except the unilateral bossing of minions) is over-rated!

    Plus--I am developing a deep suspicion of all of the "adults" who run society. Who let MY PEERS be in charge? Trust me, they are TOTALLY faking it--none of them REALLY know what the heck they are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete