Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Epiphany!

I heard someone say “I haven’t talked to anyone in the last decade who is not firmly convinced that they are the busiest person on the planet.” Even as I chuckled, I was struck by how true it is. Everyone I know is “crazy busy!” and “stressed” and “running around like a chicken with its head cut off!” I’m no exception.
But sometimes, something happens to remind me to slow down. Yesterday, I tried to entertain two toddlers while feeding a 5 week old baby and doing speech homework. I was trying not to be frustrated because the baby woke up every time I set her down. I had the realization that I should be happy she loves to be held and be part of my life. Shortly after this epiphany, Baby Bean looked unto my eyes and grinned at me! My heart melted and I remembered to pause and say thank you for my blessings. As a celebration of this, Dancrgirl, Froby and I danced like crazy people and cracked ourselves up. They aren’t this age for very long, so enjoy them while they are!

1 comment:

  1. Very true--remember, the secret of life is enjoying the journey, not racing to the destination!

    ReplyDelete