Thursday, March 18, 2010

Musings on food

Food is incredibly important to me. Not just to keep me alive, but to make it more worthwhile. I love being a good cook (there is a time for modesty in talent, and now is not it) because it makes other people happy. It is fun to cook for yourself, and find out what sorts of tastes and textures you prefer, but it is more fun to make someone else’s favorite dish and watch their eyes light up. I have fond memories of making chocolate chip cookies with a dear friend and watching him eat half the dough while we talked with a batch in the oven. Happiness and people are synonymous with food in my life. No celebration is complete without comestibles! Birthday cakes of various types of awesome (including, but not limited to: beach party scenes, castle sieges, sea monsters, and one particularly memorable pangolin), Dad’s mashed potatoes, apple pie for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving, and the first tomatoes out of the summer garden. Different, but all carrying some kind of wonderful memory.

3 comments:

  1. i guess theres some truth to the saying: "fat people are happy people"... lol :D jk
    i love it when you cook for me :D and better when you tell me how you make it so i can make it too! its awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things: First, food is delicious, and my stomach will attest to that. Second, it was Gus, wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you know? Except that...oh wait. You were probably there!

    ReplyDelete