Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sociality, side effect of.

What odd things human dynamics are. In the last week, I have been pondering the effects of logic, emotion, hormones, and communication. This is mostly because I attend a young single adult branch, which is a lot like chess, the stock market, and NASCAR. I liken it to chess because each time you make a move in any direction, it affects the other players and you all have to rethink your strategies. The stock market gets a mention because everyone has “stocks” that go up and down in rapid succession. Finally, it’s like NASCAR in that it all moves VERY fast! One weekend away from the branch can put you very behind the times.
In the course of one 3 hour dance on Saturday, I experienced probably five different types of human dynamics: Friends (male and female getting their own categories), various stages of infatuation, disinterest, and mutual attraction/flirting. Brought into play were logic, emotion, hormones, and communication. It was fantastically interesting, exciting, and exhausting. There are times when I feel like I live in a Regency novel. Regardless, I have to say I LOVE MY LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment