Monday, March 22, 2010

Weddings!

My weekend can pretty much be summed up with the word “weddings.” LOTS of weddings. I was a backstage person, guest, planner, and strawboss in the course of 36 hours. I was able to help set up and decorate for H&B’s reception on Saturday morning. Then I was a guest at L&B’s reception. Then a guest/punch bowl attendant/tear down person at H&B’s. Sunday afternoon, I helped plan a wedding reception for M&J, where I was promoted to strawboss (wedding speak for the person in charge behind the scenes, so the bride is not all stressed out about centerpieces and other unimportant details). It will be the second wedding I have been “in charge” of, and the seventh or eighth I have helped with. Weddings run big in my family, with more than 25 years of accumulated knowledge and experience. You need wedding know-how? I gots connections.

1 comment: