Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rambling about life

I realize that everyone is busy. The craziness in my life is no less or more important than anyone elses. It just happens to be what I am closest to. One of my common phrases is “My life just went Foomp!” This is what I use to describe those times when you have just gotten used to life as it is, and something new and crazy comes up. Case in point: I was called to be in my branch Relief Society presidency almost two months ago. This came one month after I started a new and crazy quarter at school, and two months after the breakup I was still healing from. I still have the “Foomp!” feeling. A lot of that has to do with my age; I feel like 20 means that I am still a little girl masquerading as a responsible adult. However, I know that I wouldn’t be here if that wasn’t where I needed to be right now. Isn’t that why we have experiences like this? To help us grow? Sometimes I feel like I could SEE myself growing and changing, like you can almost watch teenage boys grow out of their clothes overnight. When I think that it has been almost two years since I moved to Indy, I am amazed. In the last year alone, I have been through experiences ranging from incredible to stressful in the extreme. Life as normal, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. HA! At close to 40 (yes! GASP!) I STILL feel like a little girl masquerading as a responsible adult! And, who let the people MY AGE be in charge?

    My word verification "Obarni"--the answer to "what do you get when you cross the president with a purple dinosaur?"

    ReplyDelete